Police investigating the possible abduction of a young girl in Manchester have searched several hundred cars leaving a fireworks display event – but did not find anything suspicious. Detectives were called to reports that a girl had been abducted from the city’s Heaton Park at about 9.15pm on Sunday.
Officers from Greater Manchester Police spent several hours searching vehicles as they left the venue at Margarets Road. A spokesman for the force said the searches did not turn up anything suspicious, and also confirmed they had not yet received any reports from family members of a missing child, but said police were continuing to keep an open mind.
The East Alton Police Department confirmed they are searching for a 14-year-old East Alton girl.
Avery Maness, a 14-year-old girl from East Alton, was reported missing to police on Sunday, Nov. 12, but has been missing since Friday, police said. A Facebook post being shared also said Maness has been missing since then. As of now, no reports of her being found have been issued.
Maness is 5'3'' and 105 pounds, police said. She has brown hair and brown eyes. Police are unsure of her last whereabouts or possible current location.
Her mother saw her at 9 p.m. Friday night. She took her air conditioner out of her window and climbed from the window. Her last post on Facebook said she wanted a ride to Cottage Hills.
A 15-year-old girl was reported missing Sunday from the West Rogers Park neighborhood on the North Side.
Calista Ortiz was last seen about 4 a.m. in the 7300 block of North Ridge, according to a missing person alert from Chicago Police.
Ortiz was described as a Hispanic girl with a light complexion, about 5-foot-6 and 145 pounds with brown eyes and black hair, police said. She was last seen wearing a white sweatshirt with koala ears on the hood, green sweatpants and white Jordan gym shoes. She was carrying a black pack with a Jamaican flag on it.
Anyone with information was asked to call Area North detectives at (312) 744-8266.
Authorities are still searching for the missing 3-year-old girl from Onslow County, North Carolina that prompted an Amber Alert on Monday.
Mariah Kay Woods has been missing since Sunday night when her mother put her to bed.
The Onslow County Sheriff's Office and the FBI have confirmed the identities of the woman and child in the surveillance video released overnight. The child is not Mariah Woods and the woman does not have any connection to the ongoing investigation to find Mariah, they said.
WCTI-TV first reported that it had spoken to the woman seen in the images who says that's her daughter.