Russia once again showed its dominance in the ladies event at Junior Worlds. For the sixth time in the past seven years, a Russian lady took gold, with Evgenia Medvedeva winning it all at the 2015 World Junior Figure Skating Championships today in Tallinn, Estonia. In total, Russia has won 12 out of the 15 medals in the ladies competition during the past five Junior Worlds.
Medvedeva, last year's bronze medalist, defeated teammate Serafima Sakhanovich by almost seven points. Sakhanovich had to settle for silver for the second year in a row. Japanese junior champion Wakaba Higuchi had the highest technical score of any of the ladies and took bronze in her first Junior Worlds. The top three all skated phenomenal free skates, and just a bit over one point separated the three in the free skate portion of the competition.
Junior Worlds proved to be a breakthrough competition for Kazakhstan's Elizabet Tursynbaeva, who moved up from seventh to finish fourth in her second appearance at the competition. U.S. bronze medalist Karen Chen managed to move up from 12th to finish eighth.
Ladies free (FINAL) 1. Evgenia Medvedeva RUS - 192.97 2. Serafima Sakhanovich RUS - 186.15 3. Wakaba Higuchi JPN - 185.57 4. Elizabet Tursynbaeva KAZ - 173.44 5. Maria Sotskova RUS - 169.04 6. Kaori Sakamoto JPN - 166.25 7. Yuka Nagai JPN - 163.93 8. Karen Chen USA - 157.30 9. Da Bin Choi KOR - 156.38 10. Diana Nikitina LAT - 148.63
Petersburg skater Seraphima Sahanovich took second place at the World Junior Championships. As in previous starts this season, the athlete committed errors in the short program. Seraphim confessed that it has already done and in the next season she will try to better adjust to the start of the competition. Performing a faultless free program at the World Junior Championships, Seraphima Sahanovich exhaled with relief: all that she could, she did.
"What I say to her performance? I'm happy. In any program, added skater, I was a little nervous before any program. But, as I said earlier, I had nothing to lose. In fact, this evening it was easier to skate because the audience came to support us guys from our team, other teams that I have a good relationship. It was nice. After all, I perform for them " By the way, St. Petersburg skater moved to Moscow to work with Etery Tutberidze, was the first party to the World Cup in the long program, which really managed to made her comfortable. This energy, admitted Sahanovich, and helped her.
During her speech, some viewers whispered: how this girl looks like Olympic champion Yulia Lipnitskaya. However, Seraphima does not agree with a comparison with her. "When warming up before any program, I heard the crowd," My God, this girl is like Lipnitskaya! ". But no, I - not like her! - Exclaimed Seraphima. - Although we are with Julia and train at the same time."
Sahanovich already can act in adult competitions. However, it still did not think anyone from the Russian team could dislodge from the team. All she said, depends on who will like during the off-season. "Off-season - that, you know, a difficult period. Firstly, we must always keep in shape during the holidays, and secondly, it is very difficult to recover from this period. I tend to keep myself in shape to at the first training session after the holidays go on the ice and jump triple "- Seraphima Sahanovich shared secrets.
The two-time medalist of the junior world championships in figure skating Russian woman Seraphim Sahanovich stopped her cooperation with the coach Etery Tutberidze and returned to her native St. Petersburg, in the group to its former coach Alina Pisarenko, said "P Sports' CEO Figure Skating Federation of Russia ( FFKKR ) Alexander Kogan.
Up until this season Sahanovich trained under the guidance Pisarenko in St. Petersburg, but in the spring of last year moved to Moscow and continued her career in the group of Tutberidze. Sahanovich was second in the Grand Prix Final and the Junior World Championship, losing only Evgenia Medvedeva, who also trains in the group of Tutberidze.
Two-time silver medalist at the World Junior Championships Serafima Sakhanovich springs back for family reasons to her native St. Petersburg after a year's stay in a group of Moscow coach Eteri Tutberidze. And two months ago, there was another change of coach - 15-year-old skater has moved from his first coach Alina Pisarenko group to Rukavitsin Eugene. Andrew Simonenko spoke with Seraphima and found that changes, the difficulties of growing up and the related results are not very positive start to the season is not totally deprived athlete optimism.
- Seraphima, you have now starts coming one after the other, at last, the Moscow stage of the Cup of Russia, a victory which I congratulate you. How to evaluate your progress?
- In fact, I have now a lot of starts, and I want them to feel like to perform at the event. I lost somewhere the feeling that was in the last year. Before the competition, I performed even a little better than in training rolls around. Now in training I ride well and the competition turns worse. So I'm trying every new start to deal with it. I think I have already obtained, it becomes easier to ride, do not worry so much, as it was early in the season.
- Why is this feeling of-competition might abyss?
- I do not know. I think the reasons in my head. Something there is probably not. Apparently now I have a different tune at the start. When little it had - although last season I was not a little, but still - I set this: talk to someone, to tell something, laugh and everything. And now, it seems to me, is not a ride. Seriously you need to configure yourself.
- This is what's called growing up?
- Maybe yes.
- Experimenting with methods of attitude - something try to think or, conversely, do not think?
- I think we should not think of the box. And to think of something else. Listen to music, for example. Present something nice. It's like lying on the beach by the sea. I'll tune with music.
- What, if not secret?
- Rock like "Metallica" listen, the band Slipknot like something from Black Star.
- Sometimes the skaters put the program on the music that they have headphones.
- I think that I listen to the programs are not very suitable. In general, I like more classic, not all, but certain things. And for the classics I like to skate. A "Metallica" or Timati - it's probably not the music for the production of programs.
- If only for the demonstration?
- Yes, may be.
- Speaking about the programs, the arbitrary, the music of the Seventh Symphony and Shostakovich's "Requiem" by Mozart you recently changed. Why so?
- Just a lot of it is not understood nor appreciated. It's so tragic, I was there at the end, even killed. And then there's the season has not started very well. That's why decided to change it. The new program is very good, but also the one previous, I like it. Madly in love. And I want her to ever return. When all is well.
- Eugene Rukavitsin trains you for two months. What has changed compared to what was in the previous coaches?
- If you compare with what was Alina Yurievna Pisarenko, the main difference is: Evgeny refers to their wards as to adults. It gives more responsibility for their actions. And Alina Y. rather requires execution of their orders. She said so - it is necessary to do so. This does not mean that one good, the other not. Just different approaches.
- Travelling to Moscow in the group Eteri Bonner Tutberidze was short but positive memories of it?
- Yes, of course, I am very much appreciative of what it gave me. And I'm not a bit sorry that I then moved to Moscow. The group, Eteri Bonner me a very warm attitude. I guess where I grew up.
- After returning to Moscow, Peter communicate with the guys?
- Of course, we all team generally communicate in social networks. In the "periscope" constantly see each other (laughs).
- Many people ask: why, despite the difficulties, you keep doing jumping with your hands up, although it is more difficult?
- Oh, it's a sore subject (laughs). You know, I've been asked many times about my hands? I'm much easier to jump with both hands up. Especially solo jumps, without cascade. From what I'll take the hand, nothing will change! I also fell in competitions and jumps, which are performed in the conventional group. But for some reason people do not notice. But if I make a mistake on a jump with their hands up, just say, "Well, why, why it raises these hands ?! It's all because of this "stalling" because these "Rippon" (the first jumping with arms raised began to sing an Olympic champion in 1988. American figure skater Brian Boitano is now such a manner is known for his compatriot Adam Rippon - approx. Ed.).
- And you?
- And I say I'm comfortable, I have-to-BNO !!! (laughs)
- Oh, I think I really stepped on the sore spot.
- Yes-ah !!! (laughs). However, I have not tired - on the Internet and write comments and messages, and "Periscope" and anonymous ...
- Wow, you have read that writing on the Internet - many skaters seem to be afraid to do it.
- Yes, I am afraid, too, already. But curiosity prevails, to be honest. That is, of course, I understand that it is not necessary to read it, do not listen, there a lot - crazy, to you it shall not apply. Still want to know what people think about you. And it is impossible to please everyone. If everyone likes you, it means that you do something wrong.
- But on the whole positive to communicate with the fans more?
- Yes it is. I support a lot of people write kind words. When something does not work, comfort, when I can, congratulations. It is very nice.
- It happens that due to some setbacks skates want somewhere to throw or not comes down to it?
- No, I do this, I think I never will. That is, of course, never say never, but so far no such thoughts - "Now, nothing happens" - I have not. My God, I'm only 15 years old, soon 16, I have it all ahead! Be sure I will fight, I will try to do everything that I can.
- Immediate objectives defined?
- The Russian championships. Free skate - that's my goal. Yes, and for the whole season I have this goal - to overcome itself and clean ride. Here.
- And where else to be selected?
- You know, when you think about it, it seems to me, it turns worse. Do you think that you will get somewhere, do not fall - and then so frustrating! And if you do not think that you will get somewhere, then do not be upset. But if you get - it is much more rejoice.
- Long-term goal or dream is? Yulia Lipnitskaya, for example, told me that as a child called herself "Julia Olympic".
- My dream - it is worthy to go their way in the world of figure skating. Collect a lot of awards, to get acquainted with different interesting people. Avoid injury. This is my goal. I do not set myself such a problem: Here, I need to win the Olympics. I want to go their own way good.
- And remembered by the audience?
- I'd like to. There are after all the skaters who jump, jump, get exorbitant valuation occupy a high place - and no one remembers. As if he had not heard. And it happens in a different way. For example, Sasha Cohen. Of course, she also jumped, but I loved it madly his skating, stretching, unusual elements. And I just remember it very well. I'd like to stand out emotions. For each program was not just skating, and little memorable performance.
Two-time silver medalist in the World Junior Championships and the Grand Prix Final Junior Russian figure skater Serafima Sakhanovich spoke about her preparation for the season, and the attitude to training.
"Now I feel better, but in fact in sport is never easy. I think that all this talk about puberty a bit exaggerated. If someone has something does not work, then take off the problem for a transitional age, and when it happened, then we say that puberty is over. It seems to me that the problem is not the point. Just when people began to ride better, so he worked, not because something has gone or something has come.
"The most important thing that I want to skate and exercise come with pleasure. Previously, this was not. I go out on the ice or go to the gym and want to do more than I say. Because it's like, I'm in a rush to work, to do something different, to teach cascades "- quoted by the official website of FFKKR.