A few days after the Team Challenge Cup Elena Radionova left to rest. Last season for the bronze medalist of the World Championship-2015, two-time silver medalist of the European championships was not easy - a real test of strength. Figure skater struggled not only with rivals, but also with their problems. However, despite the difficulties, even in this situation, except for the World Cup, not once raised on a pedestal.
About the mistakes made, boyish, rumors and upcoming exams in an interview with Ellen radio news.
- Lena, the past season was not easy for you, as you think itself what mistakes were made?
- Indeed, the season was difficult. But I'm glad that I was able to get through the difficulties. Something did not work, but it makes my character stronger. I made mistakes this season and will try to improve in the next skating.
What kind of errors have been so hard to say. Maybe somewhere unfinished, is not prepared, there were minor problems that provoked not a very good situation.
- What helped you get together?
- Just I was, was ... I knew from the beginning that it would be difficult this season. Well? And someone easily. We have to fight. It's easier to just sit down and give up. But it's not in my nature. I always used to fight and what he wants. Still, in all competitions, except the World Cup, he has been in the top three. I understand that I can qualify for the top places. Not everything turned out, but I continue.
- Very frustrating when something did not work, as she wanted?
- At first upset. My character: either all or nothing. But lately I've been a little bit different was the reason and hope in the future I will succeed.
Of course, it is unpleasant, it is insulting, because every athlete tries and wants to perform at maximum. I understand how frustrating can be to others who have not been able to perform well or to get on the podium. Here everyone can understand. But what to do? So we have to work, to go further.
- - How was your outlook for this year?
- I'm a little rethink some situations.
- - If not a secret, how? I told myself: "Enough experience."
- Yes, less emotion, more work.
- After World Cup in Boston, your coach Inna Goncharenko Germanovna said in an interview that she considers you an adult and she gives more freedom in making decisions, the selection of music for the programs. But freedom - this is responsibility.
- I really began to get me. I began to assess the situation, which is already occurring. But this does not mean that I stopped to consult with a trainer, how to do better. Of course, with age comes the opinion. However, it is I've always been. But now I have some things to better articulate.
Thousands of skating fans gathered at the Spokane Arena for the first night of the Team Challenge Cup on Friday evening. Dedicated fans braved the rain and long lines to watch some of the best skaters from North America, Europe and Asia.
With athletes from three different continents, come fans and visitors from around the globe that could provide a huge windfall for our town.
It is estimated that $25 millions could be poured into our local economy. It also means worldwide exposure for Spokane.