Figure skater Maria Sotskova said that she's unhappy with her performance at the Russian Championships in Chelyabinsk.
- I'm not completely satisfied with my performance. For me, the place plays a role, but set the task to skate clean and do better each time. The axel was disrupted and the whole program was very tight, that is, I did not let myself go, - Sotskova said.
Дорогие друзья,до наступления нового года остались считаные дни!Этот год был непростым и очень судьбоносным.2️⃣0️⃣1️⃣6️⃣ год подарил мне много положительных эмоций,интересных встреч и море позитива.Всё это благодаря вам,мои поклонники и болельщики!Я благодарна всем и каждому ,кто переживал ,поддерживал и болел за меня
Спасибо вам за ту невероятную поддержку ,которую я очень ценю 🙏🏼Надеюсь ,что наступающий 2️⃣0️⃣1️⃣7️⃣ принесёт вам много счастья ,здоровья и улыбок 😊Ну а я постараюсь и дальше радовать вас своими успехами и прекрасными выступлениями
Sometimes the nature of the steel is packed in such a way that is not immediately seen. Her favorite color - pink, favorite program - "Juliet". The exquisitely tremulous appearance and at the same time - the ability to withstand the competition of any incandescent and get pleasure from it. All these qualities can be found in Maria Sotskova, vice-champion of the Youth Olympic Games finalist adult "Grand Prix". From December - she's a full member of the Russian team.
- Masha, you gave the impression that very clearly understands what you wants. - And there is. I decided early enough for myself, that once engaged in figure skating, must perform the work so as to obtain from the highest quality result. Otherwise, in general, it seems to me, does not make sense to spend time on the sport.
- Things like your age of athletes are usually attributed to a more grown-up people: coaches, parents. - The first one I explained it was my mother. At that time I did not really going well at the school, we did not go very good grades, and my mother said that if I am not in a position to combine sport and school, you just need to give up the sport. And the most foolish - to continue to engage and indirectly both. My mother always wanted me to get a good education. - This, I realized, after reading that, in parallel with their studies at the school you are not serious about the first year of study of the English language. At what point in professional sport appeared in your life? - At the rink I was led to three and a half years, but only for the fact that I do not sit at home and do not become a fat child-rounder.
- Would you say that the parents had already feared such a prospect? - Yes. You know yourself how much free time is for those who just goes to school and is no longer involved. I think that my mom just did not want to, I began to spend time on all sorts of foolish things. Therefore, she decided to put me into the sport - so I was busy with something serious. - Your non-standard sports career is the fact that at an early age you went to train in America with Rafael Arutyunyan. Whose decision was that, a parent, or your coach Svetlana Panova? And in general there was such an idea?
- While I was skating in Panova, a few years working on a program with Faith and Hope Anatolevnoj Harutyunyan Kanayeva. Both of them are part of the coaching team of Rafael Vladimirovich. And once the situation is developed so that Kanayeva was not possible to come to Moscow and put my long program. That's when we're all together and decided that a trip to the United States will be helpful to me in all respects: it is a new training experience, and the ability to very well, without any hurry to work on the program. While psychologically it was not easy: before I left home on the charges, where next to me was the coach, the athletes with whom I have been training for many years on the same rink, their parents. And here - a trip alone to the other side of the planet, you might say. And no one knew.
- Nevertheless, you enjoyed it? - Highly. I lived with an American family, where I was from morning to evening was surrounded by all sorts of care, we tried, so I do not miss home. I liked that it is possible to speak in English, that I realize that I myself understand what they say around. So the whole month that I spent in America was like a fairy tale. - I do not want to stay in America, not only exercise, but also to learn, too? - There were such thoughts. When I am leaving for Moscow, even crying. Then I realized that certainly will come back, and maybe more than once. But not forever, that's for sure.
- Not too tactful question, but one that paid your trip? - I myself - of their prize. In the month they had enough in America. - And why at the end of the season you have decided to change the coach and get away from Panova Elena Buyanova? - This decision was not spontaneous. Away from a coach who raised you, generally very hard: Svetlana has always been like a second mother to me, and this is no exaggeration. But the idea that it was time to change something, getting stronger and stronger. And this thought came into my own head, not my mother or anyone else. In 16 years, I think, people are able to make such decisions on their own.
I especially did not satisfy the conditions in which I had to train. Little space in the ice rink, the lack of any other things needed for training. When I finally talked about all this with Svetlana Vladimirovna, she said, giving me time to ensure that more time to think things through. But by the time I think things very well.
- Already we know what it is to leave Buyanova? - At first I was made aware of the decision of the former coach, if you know. And only then called Helena Germanovna. - And if you did not take Buyanova? - Here's an option I did not have any plan of action. It was, rather, an understanding that Elena Germanovna - my only chance to stay in the sport. Thoughts to ask someone else I did not. - Why? - Probably because I wanted to get it to this coach. Somehow there was a confidence that we will find common ground.
- Why not try to go back to Harutyunyan and continue training there? - My departure from Panova automatically means that such a possibility open to me. I at least so it seemed. Now I have absolutely everything you need to prepare: wonderful director, a wonderful choreographer, coach, with whom I have full understanding. So about any other specialists do not even have to think. - The period that you spent in the US, paying for his training from personal funds, changed your relationship to work? - Yes, I changed radically. Prior to this, I could easily come to the rink and spend training time on some completely unnecessary classes. In America, we are not only paying for each training session, but this session itself lasted only 45 minutes, and on the ice at the same time there were a lot of athletes. That is, it was necessary not just to have time to fulfill all that is planned, but also continuously fight for their place under the sun. Rafael V. taught me how to properly allocate the maximum training time to one side all have the strength, but on the other - not a minute is wasted.
- Is it true that you tried to jump from the quadruple Salchow? - No, I made that jump two years ago when trained in Mokwa at Panova. The truth was then ten centimeters lower and much easier than it is now. - Explain then, if you were able to twist the four turns, from now on you are taken nedokruty triple jump? Or is it a consequence of the changed parameters of the body? - In training problems dokruchivaniem jumps I have not. A Challenge nedokruty occur usually one and the de reason: you're trying to more carefully than usual to control the jump start more gently at him go, less powerful push off and jump immediately loses altitude. I have, in all cases, when the case nedokruty, affected just that - an excessive tendency to err. The more that the current season is in many ways a new one: were the first adult stages of "Grand Prix", the first adult problem. I do not think nedokruty - this is a real problem. More likely a temporary phenomenon.
- Alina Zagitova, ahead of you at the Russian Championships in Chelyabinsk, fulfilled all the jumping elements in any program in the second half of the ride. You could implement a similar scheme? And do you think it necessary? - Well, if I walked Alina, then this tactic is justified? We're all in the long run perform the same set of jumps. So you need to constantly think about where and what you can gain extra points. - Due to the development of the quadruple jump, for example. - You know, if I had not tried to perform a quadruple probably still would not understand why men Singles instead of four revolutions so often make the "butterfly". Run a leap really very difficult. It is difficult to find the ideal, at which point a start to what - to land, so as not to get injured. It is difficult after quadruple triple jump again - too much change all the sensations. Therefore, we must be very well prepared before you undertake four turns. - With the triple Axel is the same story? - I can not answer. I need to fully understand the jump before you go to it. Triple Axel did not know how and a quadruple toe loop. I do not know how to jump them. Unlike quadruple salhow.