Sofia Akatieva, who is in the group of Eteri Tutberidze, won the first stage of the Russian Cup in Syzran in the junior competition. The second place was taken by Maria Zakharova, and the third was Valeria Ovchinnikova.
13-year-old figure skater from the Eteri Tutberidze group, Sofya Akatyeva, with a margin of 43 points, won the junior tournament at the first stage of the Russian Cup in Syzran.
After the awarding, Sport24 correspondent Konstantin Lesik talked with the skater about the results of the tournament, elements of ultra-si and the first meeting with Tutberidze.
“I am very glad that I managed to skate the program cleanly. But there were mistakes in the second half - due to the fact that in the last week of preparation I was more focused on quads. Because of this, errors appeared.
Of course, it's a shame that I didn't manage to make two ultra-si elements cleanly, but I will work to show my maximum at the next competitions, ”Sofia began.
- Sergey Viktorovich and Daniil Markovich have already said why the quadruple turned out to be imperfect? - Yes, of course, after the skate we analyze the performance with the coaches, they tell me mistakes. Today they said that I missed my feet a little, that is, I did not break away from the ice at the best moment. We will work on this in training, develop this link so that it becomes more jumpy and stable.
- Have you thought that you could become the first Russian figure skater to do both a quadruple and a triple axel in one program? - I haven't thought about it yet. I am focused on rolling the program cleanly. And do what I'm working on in training.
- How did you spend two weeks from the Moscow championship to the Russian Cup? - During this time, we decided to rearrange two elements in places: instead of a quadruple sheepskin coat, my first was a triple axel. I began to train this bunch, to roll the program to the music. And all the other elements that I jumped in the previous competitions, I performed here.
- Can you tell us how you came to figure skating? - At the age of three I saw the Olympics in Vancouver. I was shown how athletes skate ... I liked it very much! Then I asked my mother to buy skates. And then Santa Claus gave them to me (smiles and looks at my mother, who is sitting with us in the room).
My first coaches were Oksana Mikhailovna Bulycheva and Yulia Aleksandrovna Krasinskaya. After them, we decided to go to Eteri Georgievna. It happened in early 2017 when I was 9 years old.
- How was the selection for the group? - We came to view. The viewing consisted of the fact that I went to training. Eteri Georgievna corrected mistakes and watched me train. Two weeks later, I was informed that I was taken to the group. I don't really remember the moment when they told me that I was staying.
- You were sure that everything would turn out well? - No, I was not sure that they would take me. I just tried really hard in training. Eteri Georgievna corrected a lot of things for me, so I assumed that they would take me and very much hoped for it. And then she was already delighted.
- Did the new coach succeed in these two weeks? - Yes! Jumped double axel + triple toe loop, as well as triple rittberger. Eteri Georgievna corrected a mistake that I did not understand. I also had many attempts, so I gradually began to get out. Eteri Georgievna plays technique well.
- And with whom of the coaches do you work more now? - With everyone! Eteri Georgievna, Daniil Markovich and Sergey Viktorovich are all together at the training session. We have one team that works with the whole group. Of the skaters of the senior group, 8-9 people skate on the ice at the same time. There is enough space and attention for everyone.
Akatieva jumped a triple axel and quad toe loop in a free program at the stage of the Russian Cup in Syzran Tags Russian national team Cup of Russia women's skating Sofya Akatieva Figure skating Russian figure skater Sofya Akatieva performed her free skate at the Russian Cup in Syzran.
The athlete cleanly jumped a triple axel and performed a quadruple toe loop with a mistake.
For the free skate, Akatieva received 149.69 points and won the junior competition with a score of 230.83.
- Do you ask more experienced colleagues for advice? - Yes! Once I didn’t get the cascades with rittberger and Alina Zagitova corrected my mistake. I remember that very well.
- Did you ask her for advice or did she come up to you? - Alina saw me fall many times and came up to me. Gave advice on how best to make a turntable (note: spin?). For me, Zagitova is an example in everything. Her hard work is endless.
- Do you remember your first impressions of meeting adult stars, when you first came to training in 1917? With Alina, Zhenya Medvedeva? - I was very surprised how they train. This is a much higher level than I have seen before. I was surprised how they work, how many attempts they make, how many rentals. I really liked how they do it, I began to take an example from them, and I began to succeed more.
Russian figure skater Sofya Akatyeva, 11, has successfully landed a quad at a training session to become one of the youngest athletes ever to pull off one of the sport’s most difficult elements.
Training under renowned coach Eteri Tutberidze, Akatyeva nailed a quadruple toe loop while practicing at Khrustalny center in Moscow, following in the footsteps of her senior teammates who have already included quads in their free programs.
Earlier, Tutberidze’s students Alexandra Trusova and Anna Sherbakova demonstrated impeccable quads at junior events, while Elizabet Tursynbayeva – who represents Kazakhstan – nailed a quad toe loop at the 2019 World Figure Skating Championships, becoming the first female athlete to achieve the feat at senior level.
Sofya Akatieva won the short program at the 4th stage of the Russian Cup in Kazan. She scored 80.12 points.
With a lag of 9 points, Veronika Zhilina is in the second place, and Sofia Muravyova closed the top three.
The pupil of the Eteri Tutberidze group, Sofya Akatieva, flawlessly performed a cascade of a triple axel and a triple toe loop.
Sofia Muravyova presented a clean rental, gaining 67.71 points for it.
Several days ago, at training, Veronika Zhilina performed a cascade of a quadruple sheepskin coat and two triple jumps - a toe loop and a salchow.
Free skate for girls will take place on November 12 at 12:00 Moscow time.
The confrontation between the headquarters of Tutberidze and "Angels of Plushenko" continues: this time in the lens of the junior's cameras. At the stage of the Russian Cup in Kazan, the competition of candidates for master of sports started, and the main contenders for victory are Sofya Akatieva and Veronika Zhilina, who recently moved to Plushenko from Sambo-70.
Initially, the duel could have been triple, but CSKA skater Sofya Samodelkina withdrew from the competition. The reason voiced in the FFKKR is that I got a leg in training and cannot skate at full strength. And if the skater participated in the competition, then you could see a whole set of ultra C jumps.
According to the results of the short program in Kazan, Sofya Akatieva is confidently leading, she scored even more points than Alexandra Trusova and Alena Kostornaya, who competed in seniors. It's all about the triple axel and the bonus system: the skater jumped a cascade of trixel and toe loop, for which she received two bonus points, and also received two additional points for spins of the fourth level. Akatieva's result is 80.12 points, although she almost lost the cascade with an axel due to a difficult exit from the first jump.
The second in the standings is Veronika Zhilina, her result with two bonuses - 71.05 points. The main reason why Zhilina lost the leadership: she still does not insert the triple axel into the short program. Veronica learned this jump while still in the Tutberidze team , and from Plushenko she added a triple toe loop to it . Probably, the cascade is not yet stable enough to be included in the short program, but the solo triple axel in the junior short program is prohibited by the rules, so there is no sense in doubly risking.
Zhilina lost two points on the components of the program: the judges know Akatieva better, and she looks older on the ice, more experienced than her opponent from the Angels.
However, while in Kazan, "Plushenko's Angels" are taken by quantity - Sofia Muravyova is still in third place with a score of 67.71 points. She does not yet own ultra-C elements, and also has not received bonuses for spins, but she still showed very decent and beautiful skating.
Despite Akatieva's strong advantage, nothing has been decided yet. Tomorrow, on the final day of the starts in Kazan, these skaters will show free programs - and there they will go with quadruple jumps, you never know who will rip off at what moment and who will perform cleanly.