Evgenia Armanovna Medvedeva was born in Moscow on November 19, 1999. Her mother is a former figure skater, who led his daughter to figure skating when she was three years old. In 12 years, Evgeny Medvedev enlisted in the Russian national team. In the 2013-2014 season, the athlete won the right to participate in international junior competitions.
At the stage of the Grand Prix Championships in Latvia Medvedeva won first place, and then she won the next stage of the competition, which took place in Poland. In the final Grand Prix Championships, which took place in Japan, she came in third place, behind his compatriots - Mary Sotskova and Seraphim Serafima Sakhanovich.
In the season 2014-2015 Evgenia Medvedeva became the world champion among juniors and won the junior championship of Russia. In the Russian championship for the first time she got to the podium, and this time she spared Serafima Sakhanovich and Sotskova. Medvedeva again and walked in the Final of the Junior Grand Prix when the athlete managed to win the gold medal.
In the 2014-2015 season she won the Russian and European championships, as well as the Grand Prix Final in Barcelona. At the tournament in Catalonia managed to score the third skater in the history of the amount of points - 222.54, and in addition it has shown the third result in the history of any program - 147.96 points.
At the 2016 World Cup in Boston Evgenia Medvedeva scored 150.10 points in the free program, thereby blocking achievement athlete Kim Yu-Na (150.06), which has established a South Korean counterpart at the Olympic Games 2010 in Vancouver. At the 2016 World Championships, our figure skater won the gold medal of the tournament.
Evgenia Medvedeva is a talented Russian figure skater who has won a lot of awards and medals to her just 16 years; however, s and has won the hearts of otaku world because they never tires of pointing the great love she has for Sailor Moon, Naoko Takeuchi's work.
This was more than last weekend from 2 to 3 July, when it held the show Dreams on Ice 2016 in Nagaoka, Japan, where she conducted a performance of the anime mentioned.
In addition to taking part in the show and impersonating their favorite heroine; Medvedeva had the opportunity to meet the Takeuchi herself, who gave an illustration of the Neo Queen Serenity made for her.
The Russian skater adds to the long list of personalities who have declared themselves fans of anime, manga, comic or video game series; as in the case of Ronda Rousey (fan of Dragon Ball and Pokémon), the Uruguayan player Walter Gargano (fan of Dragon Ball), the Miss Universe Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach (fan of Final Fantasy) and the president of the United Kingdom, Barack Obama (fan of Game of Thrones).
World champion Evgenia Medvedeva with great short program took the lead in the stage of "Grand Prix" in Canada, her first official start of the season.
When it seems that in figure skating all is invented, Evgenia Medvedeva proves that it is not. Last season, she finished any program of this full phrase in sign language. In the current season at the beginning of the short program she said, smiling, grabs an imaginary picture of the hands of the photographer and the imaginary "thank you" speaks loudly.
On the one hand, simple and elegant - but on the other hand, trying to be a sophisticated family member and concentrate, and to play and to create an atmosphere. So I did once unless Alexei Yagudin, rushing snowballs in the famous "Winter". So does Evgenia Medvedeva, saying goodbye in her short program with childhood and releasing photos to the wind.
On parting with childhood and the rest of us we think about later - there is still a long program. We state is true: Medvedeva in brilliant style broke her personal record by two points. And it is on the Canadian stage of "Grand Prix", where to you generously showered estimates, it is desirable to be North Americans. Three jump elements of Eteri Tutberidze's pupil new short program is traditionally performed in the second half to get the required bonus rules. Well artistry ... Better watch the video. This is the case when the words do not need to - and yes they do not pick up.
World champion in the women's figure skating Evgenia Medvedeva told me that after a show Japan Open tournament in early October, she broke her skate shoes, and she stands on the stage of "Grand Prix" in Canada with new skate shoes.
Medvedeva with a short program took the lead in the "Skate Canada" event, gaining 76.24 points.
"After Japan Open I broke my skate shoes. Who is performing in new skate shoes, I'm very pleased with them - said Medvedeva at a press conference, fragments of which gave the official channel of the tournament in Youtube. - My performance today was good, but it could be better. I can add in the rotations - to increase their speed. I can also add in the interpretation of the program."
Despite her victory in Paris, Medvedeva told reporters she was “absolutely not satisfied” with her performance, which also included her landing six other triples after her fall to seize the gold by nearly 22 points.
“I was too slow, not only on lutz, where the lack of speed was the reason for the error, but in general,” she said of her showing at Trophée de France. “I also need to improve my component score.”
These comments, though, coming from a young woman who totaled 221.54 points at the Paris event to fall just 0.14 points from achieving the short program world record on Saturday, seem to be in jest. But they’re not, as Medvedeva truly believes there is room for improvement ahead of the Grand Prix Final, which is set to take place Dec. 8–10 in France.
“I will go back and work on it for the Grand Prix Final,” Medvedeva said. “Mistakes push you further and make you work harder.”
Once on board the Paris arena "Bercy" lit evaluation Evgenia Medvedeva after the short program on the French stage of the "Grand Prix", the reporters immediately began to open the "Wikipedia". It was clear that the World Champion scores a record or near-record. Alas, to the greatest in the history of Mao Asada estimate obtained in 2014 at the world championships in Japan (78.66), Medvedeva did not have 0.14 points.
But the Russian skater was this fact did not upset. As I'm sure she would not have come to the excessive enthusiasm, if the record was held.
- Eugene, last season, when you are approaching a world record or beat him, you know this is not nothing. Now after rolling we expect to see these scores? - As always, do not expect anything, and record assessment did not remember. When I was told about this, I was again in nothing kerf - laughing Eugene. - So the story is repeated for the third time. But I do not have a goal to strive for world records and for your appreciation. This, of course, one of the components of my business, but the most important is my goal - to go out and show what I can do. That is what I was taught my coaches and choreographers.
- Even more points in the short program, you can get if instead perform triple loop-triple Lutz. - First you need to correct the wrong edge on this jump. Our coaches are actively working on it. It turned out to be not such an easy process, a lot of work. The success I already have, little by little, he corrected, and if you look at my junior lutz lutz and current, see the difference. But this is not enough, you need to work more and more.
- It was today at the corner of the rink at the side, not to hear your "thank you" for the invisible photograph at the beginning of the program. - What is it ?! No, I said "thank you" even louder than the "Skate Canada" Arena, probably most, but on television, I think, could be heard. Since there is gnashing ridge heard the voice of the more should.
- In Paris, feel the romance of the city? - Honestly? Absolutely not. Absolutely. Even kill - laughing Eugene. - Maybe it's because I have not walked around the city, and I do not know whether at this time. But I hope I can fulfill my childhood dream and see the Eiffel Tower.
- To see or climb it? - At least to take a picture with it!