Russian figure skater Alexandra Trusova shared her emotions after a free program at the Russian figure skating championship in Saransk. The junior world champion made a quad Lutz, but fell from a quad sheepskin coat. And the deduction for the fall prevented her from winning, although she performed the rest of the program remarkably. In the end, she finished second, 229.71.
- What were the feelings during the free ?
- On the whole, I am satisfied with the free. I was upset that I did not do the toe loop. At the training sessions, everything worked out for me, and the program was clean, but today, probably, I wanted to do too immaculately.
- You closed the competition - this is a big responsibility. Experienced much?
- In principle, I don’t really like to be the last one, because everyone has already skated and is happy, and you just have to get out. In general, it seems to have coped with the program, but, unfortunately, it fell.
- Before the championship, many people called you a favorite. Did it pressured you?
- I don’t read practically anything, so I didn’t know what they called me. It turns out that did not crush.
- I personally thought that at first I would try a triple axel, but it did not work for a long time and decided to try a quadruple jump. It turned out better, so switched to them. Salchow with toe loop is similar in technique, only there is a small difference. Lutz and flip are similar, so probably the next one will be the quadruple flip.
- Quadruple are more expensive than triple axel. So the choice was the right one?
- Yes. But in the short program can not jump quads. You can only triple axel, so I also need it.
- Does it apply to adults?
- Yes. In juniors in general, you can not even jump the triple Axel.
- Will you celebrate this result?
“I haven't thought about it yet.” Probably later come up with my parents. And we will continue to work with coaches.