It’s the 50th anniversary of Glastonbury next year, and today, it’s been announced that Taylor Swift is one of the headliners.
She joins the previously announced headliners Paul McCartney and Diana Ross. The festival takes place from June 24-28.
Following the release of her new album Lover, Swift released the new single “Christmas Tree Farm.” A new documentary about her, Miss Americana, is coming to Sundance next year. She’s up for a Golden Globe for her song from Cats.
There was a Blank Space on this year's Glastonbury's line-up… and that's where Taylor Swift has written her name.
She will make her Glastonbury debut in June - the festival's 50th anniversary - headlining the Pyramid Stage.
Swift announced on Twitter that she was "ecstatic", while holding up a photo of the festival's in-house newspaper with the headline: "Sunday Night Taylor Made For Glastonbury."
Festival organiser Emily Eavis simply responded: "Taylor! Yes!"
Swift, who performed on this weekend's Strictly Come Dancing final, joins previously-announced Saturday night headliner Paul McCartney; and Motown star Diana Ross, who will play the Sunday afternoon "legends slot".
She is the first female artist to top the bill since Adele in 2016.
Glastonbury founder Michael Eavis said he was excited to welcome the singer to Worthy Farm next year.
"She's one of the biggest stars in the world and her songs are absolutely amazing," he said. "We're so delighted."
Glastonbury's famous Pyramid Stage will remain dark in June, as the festival becomes the latest event to be cancelled due to coronavirus.
Taylor Swift, Sir Paul McCartney and Kendrick Lamar were due to appear, alongside Diana Ross and Dua Lipa.
"We're so sorry that this decision has been made," a statement said. "It was not through choice."
Just six days ago, organiser Emily Eavis said she had "fingers firmly crossed" the event would go ahead.
But after the government advised people to avoid mass gatherings on Monday, cancellation became increasingly likely.
Organisers took the decision before 1 April, when festival-goers were expected to pay the remaining balance of their £270 tickets.
Skip Twitter post by @glastonburyend of Twitter post by @glastonbury Fans who had already paid the £50 deposit will be allowed to roll over that sum to next year, guaranteeing "the opportunity to buy a ticket for Glastonbury 2021", organisers said. Refunds will also be available for those who want them.
More than 200,000 people, including 135,000 ticket-holders, would have descended on Worthy Farm in Somerset if the festival had gone ahead from 24 to 28 June.
Glastonbury Festival has been cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic. This June’s festival was the 50th anniversary of the iconic festival, with headline sets from Taylor Swift, Sir Paul McCartney and Kendrick Lamar announced. However, it has been confirmed it will no longer go ahead, amid the current crisis surrounding the spread of coronavirus worldwide (read the latest updates here).
A statement from Michael and Emily Eavis read: ‘We are so sorry to announce this, but we are going to have to cancel Glastonbury 2020. Tickets for this year will roll over to next year. Full statement below and on our website. Michael & Emily.’ A full statement on Twitter read: ‘We are so sorry to announce this, but Glastonbury 2020 will have to be cancelled, and this will be an enforced fallow year for the Festival. ‘Clearly this was not a course of action we hoped to take for our 50th anniversary event, but following the new government measures announced this week – and in times of such unprecedented uncertainty – this is now our only viable option.
The father-daughter duo said that further information on coach packages and accommodation are available on the Glasto website. They continued: ‘The cancellation of this year’s Festival will no doubt come as a terrible blow to our incredible crew and volunteers who work so hard to make this event happen. There will also inevitably be severe financial implications as a result of this cancellation – not just for us, but also the Festival’s charity partners, suppliers, traders, local landowners and our community. ‘We were so looking forward to welcoming you all for our 50th anniversary with a line-up full of fantastic artists and performers that we were incredibly proud to have booked. Again, we’re so sorry that this decision has been made. It was not through choice. ‘But we look forward to welcoming you back to these fields next year and until then, we send our love and support to all of you.’