The subliminal message appeared on the Duke of Sussex’s Instagram story on the account shared with wife Meghan Markle.
Tellingly, the video plays along with the Stone Roses’ hit “This is the One” in the background — with the lyric about leaving the UK “for a month of Sundays” taken as an obvious nod to his Megxit plans to live in Canada.
The UK band’s classic is also a paean to a loved one — perhaps also a sign that Harry, 35, was willing to do whatever it takes to be with his duchess, who is already in Canada with their baby son, Archie.
“A girl consumed by fire, we all know her desire — from the plans that she has made, I had her on a promise,” the lyrics go. “All the plans that I have made — this is the one,” the song says, threatening to “burn the town where I was born.”
Frogmore Cottage, the home of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, is in the process of being shuttered, according to reports, fuelling speculation the couple do not intend to spend any meaningful time in the UK in the near future.
Key live-in staff – a house manager and a cleaner – are being moved to other duties within the Queen’s household. Other staff members, used on an ad hoc basis and including chefs, maids and footmen, have been told their services are no longer required at the couple’s Windsor residence, the Daily Mail reported.
The claim comes as Harry and Meghan begin a period of “transition”, splitting their time between the UK and Canada, with the reluctant blessing of the Queen.
Meghan is already in Canada, with the couple’s son, Archie, and their two dogs, having flown back to the Vancouver Island hideaway where the couple spent six weeks on a break from royal duties over the Christmas period.
On Thursday afternoon — just over a week after she and husband Prince Harry announced that they are “stepping back as ‘senior’ members of the Royal Family” — Meghan, 38, was seen at the Victoria International Airport.
In photos obtained by the Daily Mail, Meghan is pictured in the driver’s seat of a Land Rover Discovery, wearing a Soia & Kyo coat, black beanie and dark sunglasses as she makes her way to the airport to pick up her close friend Heather Dorak, who is the founder of Pilates Platinum — a studio Meghan attended in L.A. Dorak and her husband Matt Cohen also attended Meghan and Harry’s royal wedding in 2018.
Meghan Markle is house-hunting in one of Canada’s most exclusive enclaves, eyeing a $27 million waterfront property in Vancouver, in yet another sign that she and Prince Harry are planning a permanent move away from Britain’s royals.
The Duchess of Sussex, who fled to Canada with 8-month-old Archie shortly after she and Prince Harry announced their split from the British royal family earlier this month, has been holed up on Vancouver Island in a lavish property owned by a Canadian billionaire while her husband deals with the fallout of their bombshell announcement in London.
Markle is reportedly interested in purchasing a sprawling 6,900-square-foot property in Vancouver’s Kitsilano neighborhood with panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean and the Vancouver skyline, according to a report in the UK’s Sun newspaper. The 108-year-old mansion on four levels features six bedrooms and five bathrooms and 20-foot beach-side walls and tall hedges for privacy.
“Meghan has expressed an interest in this beautiful house,” a realtor told the newspaper last week. “It would be perfect for her, Harry and little Archie.
“The neighborhood is known as a haven for wealthy people and has a very laid-back atmosphere. I’m sure they would be very happy there, and they would be welcomed with open arms.”
Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan, are quitting as working royals and will no longer use the titles "royal highness" or receive public funds for their work under a deal announced Saturday by Buckingham Palace.
The palace said Harry and Meghan will cease to be working members of the royal family when the new arrangements take effect within months, in the “spring of 2020.” They will be known as Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex.
The couple will no longer use the titles His Royal Highness and Her Royal Highness, but they are not being stripped of them. Harry will remain a prince and sixth in line to the British throne.
The agreement also calls for Meghan and Harry to repay 2.4 million pounds ($3.1 million) in taxpayers' money that was spent renovating their home near Windsor Castle, Frogmore Cottage.
The couple's departure is a wrench for the royal family, but Queen Elizabeth II had warm words for them in a statement Saturday.
The queen said she was pleased that “together we have found a constructive and supportive way forward for my grandson and his family. Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved members of my family.”
"I recognize the challenges they have experienced as a result of intense scrutiny over the last two years and support their wish for a more independent life," Elizabeth said.
"It is my whole family's hope that today's agreement allows them to start building a happy and peaceful new life," she added.
The announcement came after days of talks among royal courtiers sparked by Meghan and Harry's announcement last week that they wanted to step down as senior royals and live part-time in Canada
The details of the deal solidify the couple's dramatic break from life as working royals. Army veteran Harry will have to give up the military appointments he has as a senior royal.